|The Virginia Center for Architecture – Now on Permanent Exhibit:
The House That Pope Built
The Virginia Center for Architecture celebrates two years of bringing architecture to life with the opening of a permanent exhibit on its headquarters building, built in 1919 by architect John Russell Pope, FAIA.
The House That Pope Built includes photographs, narrative, and other educational media that shed light on the house — a 27,000-square-foot Tudor-Revival mansion — in addition to John Kerr Branch, the patron who commissioned its construction; the architect; the house’s interiors; its setting on Richmond’s historic Monument Avenue; and Compton Wynyates, the 15th/16th-century English country house that inspired the building’s design.
What else is going on at the Center? Take a look at our upcoming tours and other special programs
Check out the latest offerings from the VCA Museum Shop
On the Washington Post’s list of 5 More Reasons to Visit Richmond Now: The Virginia Center for Architecture!